Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, many seniors have not been able to freely interact with their family members. If you have an older adult either at home or at senior living facilities like Connect55+, there are a few things you can do to make this end of the year more special, memorable, and fun. For them to stay safe and healthy, all they need is proper support and attention by ensuring all their to-do lists are catered for.
There following are some of the things that families can do for their seniors to ensure that they enjoy this festive season.
- Prepare for a family gift. Surprising the seniors with unique and stunning gifts during this festive season makes them feel valued and loved. Take time to understand what they love most and they will definitely appreciate it.
- Treat your seniors to their favorite holiday meals. You need to make arrangements and prepare what they like most. You can even order from your favorite catering facility and deliver to them where they are living.
- Ensure their taxes are fully filed on time. Older adults can easily forget to file their annual tax and it’s important to put that in their to-do list when planning for the end of the year.
- Following up on seniors’ retirement benefits should also be an item in your end-of-the-year to-do list basket. They require the help of youthful adults to help them with all the paperwork and make the needed follow-up.
- Create some days where seniors can connect with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Let the children create special drawings and cards for them. Seniors will also feel great when they get a chance to tell their grandchildren stories about their youthful days and traditions. If a physical meeting is not possible, make sure you do a video call.
- If you have some pets at home that they love, you can make sure they get some time to interact with them. They cherish and really enjoy such moments.
- If they are believers, organize for spiritual nourishment by either inviting a church group or your neighborhood for a service. Such opportunities give seniors a good time to appreciate the gift of life and overall wellbeing.
- Buy for them gifts that motivate them to do routine workouts and regular movement. Doing regular exercises ensures that their bodies remain active and strong. You should also plan to have books and games that stimulate their minds to help them fight fatigue and depression. Word games, number games, computer games are great in improving seniors’ mental stability.
- Organize a gift wrapping party. Seniors enjoy getting gifts from their loved ones and friends. You can even chitchat them to get a feeling of the kind of gifts that makes them happy.
End-of-year planning for seniors 55+ is a great way of connecting with them and ensuring that you uplift their body, mind, and soul. When they are well taken care of, they live a longer quality healthy life.
At Connect55+, we have the best retirement communities for seniors. We have a wide variety to choose from including; Senior Apartments Warsaw Town, NY, Retirement Communities Burlington, NC, Retirement Communities Meadville, PA, and Independent Senior Apartments Manchester CT.