Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers to the questions we hear most frequently about Connect55+’s independent senior living communities.
What senior living options do I have?
There are a variety of living arrangements for seniors to choose from. These living options are available in most larger communities across the country:
- Assisted Living Facility: This option offers seniors the ability to live independently, with staff and services available to provide assistance with many daily living activities.
- Aging in Place: These facilities are for seniors who decide to live at home or with their families. Arrangements can be made for home modifications and caregivers to provide assistance with many daily activities.
- Continuing Care Retirement Community: A CCRC offers a combination of independent living, assisted living and nursing supervision in one facility. CCRCs offer residents the option to receive supplementary care as their age and personal needs advance.
- Retirement Homes: Retirement communities offer living facilities with food services and some premier assisted living services, such as housekeeping and medical supervision.
- Assisted Living Communities: Residents live independently with some personal care support, including housekeeping and food preparation. Higher care professionals are also available to assist residents.
- Nursing Homes: These facilities offer 24-hour supervised care with meals, activities and health management. This option is often the best choice for seniors with serious medical needs that require constant attention.
- Independent Living Community: Our Connect55+ communities fall into this category. These apartments are designed exclusively for active, independent senior living. Residents live independently without special care needs or supervision but have easy access to activities and programs within the community that provide an enhanced lifestyle for retired adults over 55. This is the best option for seniors who want to live an active, social lifestyle without worrying about home maintenance.
Are there rent increases?
Connect55+ communities generally increase their rent annually. Operational costs, such as grounds maintenance, utilities, insurance, and property taxes are subject to significant increases each year. We need to keep up with operational inflation to properly maintain our properties and address significant repairs and renovations.
Are the rental rates based on income or current home values?
Our rental rates are considered market-value. The rent prices in our communities are based on the surrounding rental market rate, the age of the building and the normal costs to operate the community with a proper standard of care and appearance. There are some senior communities that offer rent based on your income. These communities are called subsidized living and offer various government rental subsidies like Section 8.
How long are your lease terms?
Our normal leases serve a 12-month term with the same rental rate throughout that term. Longer or shorter lease periods may be available in certain communities.
Are pets allowed?
We understand that pets are an important part of the family. Pets are welcome with some restrictions. We continue to make our communities more pet-friendly every year.
Does everyone in our household need to meet the age requirements?
No, only the “head of household” needs to meet the age requirements.
What are rental rates and why don’t you list your rental rates?
Rental rates can change and fluctuate in different markets. We offer specials regularly and would love to show you around our communities! The best way to get a feel for your new forever home is to see for yourself.
We’d love to answer any other questions you may have! Contact us to speak with a Connect55+ representative directly.
Why you’ll love living here
“We have lived here one month. Beautifully appointed apartments with all stainless-steel appliances, wood like flooring, washer & dryer in suite. Balcony large enough to sit outside and enjoy fresh air.”
“We have lived here for over a year and are so happy. There is something for everyone. If you want to stay busy there are plenty of opportunities, and the residents and staff are awesome.”
“have been here for 10 months, I am happy living here and I feel very safe. I have met lovely people. I love the Property Manager and she has helped me in many ways, I adore the Connect Director. Hope to be here for a very long time.”
“Best 55 community around! My friend grandpa lives here and he loves it! He said this is the best place and has no regrets moving here at all. A fantastic 55 community.”
“My mom moved in on the first day and has loved the people, her apartment, the amenities, and the activities! I never expected her to adjust so easily and I'm thrilled that she is totally happy here! There were some opening glitches and turnover, but the new management is fulfilling every promise and working with the residents to ensure a wonderful experience. Mom couldn't be happier, so I couldn't be happier!”